10 Best Tips for How to Improve SEO Ranking of WordPress Website? We will discuss the best tips and Tricks to Improve the SEO of a WordPress Website. In this post, I will provide all the effective ways for improving SEO on websites built with the WordPress CMS (Content Management System).
Follow the simple SEO tips and tricks below so that your WordPress site can be maximized in search results. But before you read WordPress SEO tips, you should first know the importance of optimizing for SEO on the website below.
Read Also: Tips for Increasing Website Visitors
Why It is Important to Improve SEO Ranking of a Website?
SEO is very important to increase visitors for websites and blogs, because with optimal and of course maximum SEO it will be very influential with the business we run through the online world, People will never know our business, our products if our website has never been visited.
To introduce our blog or website besides blog walking and promotion on social media, the main way to enter our blog or website is through search engines, so we have to optimize our website so that it is displayed on search engines so that people will automatically visit our blog or website.
By optimizing for SEO, you will get traffic from search engines for free and this will certainly be a way that will generate visitors in the long term.
This is different from when you carry out a marketing campaign with advertising where you will experience a decrease in visitors when the advertising program you are running ends. And let’s look at the simple tips and tricks below to improve the SEO of your WordPress blog or website.
Here is the benefits of better SEO of WordPress Website:
- Increases the Visibility and Traffic of Websites and Blogs
- Helps to Rank Keywords on Search Engines
- Improves the Content Readability
- Builds Strong Domain Authority
- Helps to Grow Your Primary Business
- Increases in Sales and Leads
- Enhances the Visitors Experience
How to Optimize SEO on a WordPress website?
1. Remember Content is King , so make the content attractive, clear and easy to understandable. Visitors come to our website to find answers to their questions in search engines, so if our content is interesting and according to what the visitor expects, the visitor will feel happy and our website can be a reference for the visitor.
Create detailed content and articles that meet SEO standards such as writing content that is at least 600 words. and don’t forget to always update interesting content and provide solutions for visitors.
2. Optimize content with keywords , it’s useless if we create good content but it is not readable by search engines, therefore optimize your content so that it is easily indexed on search engines and ranks on the first page. Enter keywords in your article and don’t forget if you use h2 or h3 tags, always include keywords in them.
3. Website design , make your website attractive and also responsive, so that visitors do not get bored and enjoy reading your articles, layout your website attractively, with a font that is easy to read.
Responsiveness is very important, because nowadays a lot of visitors are browsing using smartphones, so make your website automatically adjust to the device of each visitor so that visitors feel comfortable accessing your website.
If you need a responsive and SEO friendly WordPress template, don’t be confused because in the center click there are lots of responsive website templates and of course with very good and free designs, please see the Best Free WordPress Responsive Design Template Collection.
4. Optimize SEO on images, If on your website you use images to enhance your content, then don’t forget to optimize the SEO on these images, to optimize SEO on images, use the WordPress SEO Friendly Image plugins. Images are also a source of traffic other than content.
Because also many people use image searches through search engines. If you don’t want to use the plugin, you can always fill in the manual on the “alt” and “description” tags every time you upload and use an image to be included in your article.
5. Create xml sitemaps on your website and submit your website sitemap.xml to Google webmastertool and Bing webmastertool , so that your website url will be listed in Google and Bing search engines. This way the search engines will find it easier to crawl your site and will get a faster index.
6. Create a permalink for your WordPress website that is SEO Friendl y, to see how to change the permalink, see the article How to Set Settings on WordPress. Permalinks or beautiful URLs are proven to be effective in the competition in search result rankings, and in this section don’t forget to always enter keywords in the URL because URLs are always read by search engines in finding articles.
7. Create your website domain name from non-www to www or vice versa, choose one. because to avoid duplicate content by entering the script below into .htaccess. A tau also can buy domain names that contain the keywords that you shoot.
8. Optimize the content for H1 Title and for H2-H3 subtitles, because the Google search engine is very happy with content like this. This way makes Google understand more structured and clearer content. Content with clear tags will be prioritized by Google to be displayed on the first page.
9. Use Share Social Networking on your website and content, so that your website can easily be shared on various kinds of social media to promote or share the articles you create. for the choice of social share plugins, look at the Cool Floating Social Bar WordPress Plugins article there also explains how to use them.
10. Use the All in one SEO plugin or WordPress SEO Yoast plugins on your WordPress, this plugin is proven to be effective in improving SEO on WordPress. for the tutorial, please read the tutorial article Using the All in one SEO Pack WordPress and How to install and setup SEO by Yoast.
The above are some simple SEO tips and tricks that you can apply to your WordPress site. Hopefully this article was useful and helped your website or blog rank better in search results. 🙂